1. Lab facilities are to be used for academic purposes only. Students should be prepared to show evidence of assignments from instructors for current-quarter classes if questions arise about information displayed or printed.
2. Disorderly conduct is prohibited. Computer Center lab users and staff share responsibility for maintaining an appropriate, orderly environment. Use of the Computer Center lab facilities and resources is a privilege, not a right. Fair and courteous use of lab facilities and resources are expected of all XIMB members. The expected environment allows the students the opportunity for collaboration and open sharing of ideas in pursuit of academic excellence. Actions prohibited include chain letters, instant messaging, broadcasting, sitting on tables, internet harassing, frivolous Internet chatting, viewing of pornography, computer video game playing, and copying/saving/installing software to the local drive (C: drive) or network drives.
3. Food, drink, and tobacco products are not allowed in the labs.
4. Students will adhere to the basic ethical behaviour in the Computer Lab. There will be penalties for the crimes of computer: theft, trespass, invasion of privacy, forgery, and password disclosure. Using another person's account, unauthorized copying of software, and tampering with/destruction of equipment is prohibited.
5. Campus electronic bulletin boards are to be used only for the distribution of campus-related information, information about Institute events off campus, and other information that furthers the mission of the Institute. Use of bulletin boards for personal messages, for commercial advertising, or for other profit-making activities is strictly prohibited.
6. Students will not use the Faculty/Staff Work Area unless they are accompanied by the faculty/staff member for whom they are doing a project. Furthermore, students are not allowed in Computer Center classrooms unless they are accompanied by a faculty/staff member.
7. Students will not use lab printers as copy machines to make multiple copies of documents.
8. Students will please talk quietly in the lab; do not interfere with the work of other students.